How do I get the audibles in the RaPTr Scanner application to work after selecting Enable Audibles?
If the Enabled Audibles configuration parameter is turned on inside the RaPTr Scanner application, then please check the following conditions:
- Monitor or TV has speakers that are turned on. Or, externally attached speakers must be plugged into one of RaPTr Scanner's USB ports.
- Volume on the external speakers is turned up.
- Volume in Windows on the RaPTr Scanner's PC is turned up.
- Windows is configured to play sounds through the correct output device.
- RaPTr Scanner's Incorrect Pallet Audible File and Correct Pallet Audible File parameters are configured for the correct MP3 or WAV files.
If the above conditions are met, and still no scan audibles are played when scan responses are displayed, then try the following:
- In the RaPTr Scanner software application, change the Incorrect Pallet Audible File and Correct Pallet Audible File parameters from .mp3 to .wav.
- Click "APPLY" and then "SAVE".
- Close the RaPTr Scanner software application.
- Navigate to "C:\Artemis".
- Delete "C:\Artemis\Alarm.mp3".
- Delete "C:\Artemis\Good.mp3".
- Relaunch the RaPTr Scanner software application.
NOTE: The above remediation steps are caused by configuration changes made by Artemis Vision when creating v4.B.4.0 of RaPTr Scanner. The above remediation steps are only necessary if the system was upgraded to v4.B.4.0 from a previous version. WAV files are now the system's preferred audible file format.