For RaPTr Server version v4.A.0.0 or greater, follow these steps for configuring the operational interface to use a stored procedure with a database (SQL, MySQL, Oracle):
1. On the PC or server where RaPTr Server is installed, open the application called "RaPTr Server Utility"
2. Default login for accessing the utility is username: artemis password: raptor
3. Under the "Interface" settings, select the Type to be SQL Server, MySQL, or Oracle.
4. Set the Database Connection String parameter. This information should come from IT or whomever manages connections to the database that you are trying to use. RaPTr Server will minimally need to know server hostname or IP address, database name, and username and password for authentication.
5. Set the Stored Procedure Name parameter. The name of the stored procedure or function that RaPTr Server will call to execute on a barcode read should come from IT or whomever set up the stored procedure in the database.
6. Click the "Save" button to write configuration changes to file. Then in order to implement the changes, you will be prompted to restart the RaPTr Server service. NOTE: This will cause an interruption in the scanning system, but the interruption should only be for just a few seconds will the service restarts.